Sacramento Social Security Disability Advocates
Samaritan Disability was founded by James Pearson in Sacramento, California. Since 2006 James has been representing people before the Social Security Administration and winning. When asked why he chose this career, James replied, “My dad was on Social Security Disability when I was growing up because of a genetic eye disease called Retinitis Pigmentosa. I’m sensitive to the struggle disabled people are going though. I fight for them, so they don’t have to.” James is a member of the National Association of Disability Representatives (NADR).
Our whole agenda at Samaritan Disability is to make sure that people with disabilities always have food on the table and a roof over their head. We accomplish this by making sure that people get Social Security Disability benefits. It is a means to an end.
Our Firm Culture
1) Our Clients Are Hurting People, Not Paychecks- We make a strong effort to always treat our clients like they are important, because they are!. We always return phone calls and emails within 24 hours during the week, and we always treat people with compassion and respect.
2) Take Care Of Your Clients, And They Will Take Care Of You- We operate on the economic theory that if we consistently deliver high value and results to our clients, then they will be blessed by that and want to refer other people to us. Through our hard work and dedication to our client’s success we ensure our own success.
3) Honesty Is The Best Policy- We never lie. Ever. We tell it like it is. We do honest work for an honest fee.
Not A Law Firm
Samaritan Disability is not a law firm but rather a disability advocate group operating under the federal guidelines of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. § 406) for the purpose of providing advocacy to low income people with disabilities who need help with the Social Security disability process, including assistance with the paperwork, filing an appeal, and representation at a hearing. We have passed a special examination by the Social Security Administration that qualifies us to represent people exclusively in Social Security disability administrative claims. Social Security disability is the only service we offer. We are insured and in good standing before the Social Security Administration and have experience in winning disability appeals since 2006.
The main difference is that an attorney can appeal to Federal District Court if you have lost at the hearing and appeals counsel level. Most people win their case at the hearing level, which is what we specialize in. In most cases you only need to worry about Federal District Court if you have lost your hearing and the Appeals Counsel has also rejected your appeal. Many attorneys do not actually handle Federal Court appeals, even thought they can. Usually this is because the prospects for winning a remand in District Court are slim, and the attorney knows it. Furthermore, as disability advocates we are willing to help people that many attorneys are not, such as in disability cessation, ,overpayment, and SSI cases where the fees are small or nothing at all.
At Samaritan Disability, our team is committed to helping you every step of the way. Our philosophy is that when you are dealing with major problems in your health, the last thing you need is all the confusion and frustration of government red tape, whether you have filed for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). To make things as easy as possible for you, we help in the following ways:
1) Assist with the completion your Application and any forms
2) Filing of necessary Appeals
3) Education about what to expect and what Social Security needs to see
4) Obtaining your medical documentation
5) Preparing written legal analysis showing why your case should be approved
6) Extensive preparation for the disability hearing
7) Representation at the hearing
8) Assist with gathering of financial information to ensure a prompt payment by Social Security after you get approved
No Upfront Fees
Because we know that you are in pain and usually have no money, we do not charge a fee until we have won your case. It is a very difficult process and can often take a long time, but we wont give up on your case until we have won!
Call (916) 246-2946 today to for a free consultation.